Monday, May 12, 2008

Industry Day!


Industry Day at Sheridan College was a fantastic experience! There was a lot of networking and some fantastic opportunities to speak with people from well-known studios like Dreamworks, Blue Sky, House of Cool, LAIKA, Chuck Gammage, Bardel, Studio B, etc... and the list went on and on. There were also people from film festivals that took a copy of my film to show at screenings, like the TAIS screening on June 27th in Toronto.
Thank you to everyone who came up to me and told me how much they enjoyed my film. To me, that is what story-telling is all about. I was glad to put a smile on my audience's faces and get a few good laughs along the way. And when my audience consisted of recruiters from high profile studios (as mentioned above), I could not wipe the smile off my face to know that they were impressed by "little ol' me" from Sheridan College. The film was so much fun to create and I am glad everyone had so much fun watching it as well. Thanks Sheridan College!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A big congrats to you and your awesome film! Hope you're doing well

Ellie Ventura said...

thanks bobby!
it feels good to be rewarded for hard work.
i can't wait to work on my next film.
i am at cuppa coffee right now.
thanks for your comments!